The third annual Taste of the Nation culinary benefit will be held at the Montecito Country Club this Sunday, with all proceeds going to charities focused on ending childhood hunger.

The event is hosted by the non-profit Share Our Strength and features dozens of the area’s top local restaurants and chefs. Event organizers hope to raise $30,000 for a number of charities including the Boys & Girls Club of Santa Barbara, CA Food Policy Advocates, the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County and the California Association of Food Banks.

The dinner costs $65 in advance and $75 at the door.

According to Joni Kelly, press release chair for Taste of the Nation, the $30,000 target goal will provide nearly $200,000 in purchasing power for the local charities.

“For every dollar we raise, it equals seven dollars of food they can purchase,” Kelly said. “It is the formula the food bank uses to determine buying power.”

According to Diane Durst, Director of Major and Individual Giving at the Santa Barbara Foodbank, the benefit event provides much needed funds to their charity.

“It is of unbelievable benefit to us. Right now we are helping feed 155,000 people in our county and 43 percent are children,” Durst said. “We are really fortunate to be favored by the Taste of the Nation.”

The event will be held from 3-6 p.m. Those interested in obtaining tickets can order them online at strength.org/santabarbara.