The Associated Students Finance Board dispersed $41,286 to 15 student organizations at last night’s over nearly seven-hour meeting.

Six organizations were fully funded by the board, and nine organizations were given partial funding as of press time. Near the conclusion of the meeting, Alpha Tau Omega’s heavily debated request for $27,747 to host their annual All-Sorority Volleyball Tournament received partial funding — $16,500 — for the event.

The six fully funded organizations were Musicians Making a Difference, Students for Justice in Palestine, Mock Trial, Human Rights Group, the Law and Society Journal at UCSB and Active Minds. Partial funding was given to the Jewish Sorority Interest Group, CalPIRG, the Haiti Benefit Concert, Zeta Phi Rho, the Lebanese Club, Public Health Brigades, La Escuelita, ATO and the UCSB Cheer Team.

ATO requested nearly $28,000 for the annual philanthropy to fundraise for the Kidney Cancer Association. Event Chair Payam Farzan said that last year the event raised over $30,000 for charity, he said, and aims to garner at least $40,000 this year.

Safety costs were the main concern about funding the event because the event — held at East Beach — requires non-negotiable police funds, barricades and transportation, causing debate over what was necessary to fund in order to make it a safe and fun event.

Board member Marcus Rochelle proposed a $12,000 funding cap for the event, citing a wish to fund other organizations as well.

Fellow board member Paige Blatt disagreed with the cap, citing a wish to continuing the board’s history of supporting the sorority tournament.

“We are not giving enough [money] for this … and we funded this hugely in the past,” Blatt said. “We’re paying for safety.”

Board member Alexandra Onodera agreed, citing security, transportation and environmental impacts.

“So much [of this budget] is essential,” she said. “I know it sucks, but for how big the event is, it’s worth it.”

Finance Board allocated the group $16,500 after nearly two-and-a-half hours of discussion.

The Lebanese Club asked for funds to host the annual national Lebanese Collegiate Network Convention at UCSB this year.

The board decided to partially fund the group with $8,520 of its $11,045 request.

The Jewish Sorority Interest Group came back last night after being tabled last week when the group requested $1,548 to support a charity banquet. The group was ultimately funded $885.

As of press time, finance board had not come to a conclusion on requests from Theta Nu Kappa, Students Teaching Alcohol and other drug Responsibility, Capoeira Sul da Bahia, Los Curanderos, Cotillion Dance, CalPIRG’s showing of “Sicko” and Phi Sigma Kappa.