The UCSB women’s basketball team had a road trip to forget this Monday in Nevada and are looking to right the ship playing against LMU on Sunday.

The Gauchos are off to a 0-2 start, with losses to Fresno State and the University of Nevada in their first two games. The second loss, to Nevada, was about as dismal a performance as they come, with UCSB going 0 for 17 from three point land and shooting only 26 percent from the field. But the Gauchos should turn things around this weekend.

First, the team is aided by the return of senior forward Christine Spencer from injury. Junior transfer Mekia Valentine suffered a deep cut on her hand that caused a number of turnovers in her first two performances, and her renewed health will likely improve the Gauchos play as well. Finally, it never hurts to be back at home in the Thunderdome.

Valentine and senior guard Jordan Franey have borne the brunt of the scoring load for the Gauchos, averaging 18 and 15 points per game respectively. Sophomore point guard Emilie Johnson has nine assists through her first two games and will be integral to UCSB’s success as the season wears on.

LMU, meanwhile, is 1-1 with a win over UCSB’s Big West counterpart Long Beach State and a loss to SMU. Junior guard Renahy Young leads the Lions in scoring with 14 points per game and has shot a phenomenal 62.5 percent for three in this short season.

Tipoff for the match is set for Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Thunderdome.