Three individuals, including two juveniles, were stabbed during a gang-related mêlée in downtown Santa Barbara yesterday.

According to the Santa Barbara Police Dept., the fight broke at approximately 9:07 p.m. yesterday on the 300 block of W. Valerio Street, near the crossing of Arrellaga Street. During the course of the fight, three individuals from two rival gangs were stabbed, including a 15-year-old gang member that just happened across the fight.

According to police, an 18-year-old Hispanic male was traveling in a white Toyota Tundra with an unknown number of accomplices when he spotted a 17-year-old Hispanic male walking along the street and stopped to confront him. The suspect, accompanied by one other, asked the younger male where he was from and the latter responded by claiming he was from a rival gang.

A fight ensued and the 18-year-old suspect drew a knife. With the fight in progress, a 15-year-old juvenile, and friend of the 17-year-old, who had been walking in the area noticed the altercation and joined the fight.

It was around this time that the 17-year-old ran from the scene, suffering a stab wound to the abdomen. The 15-year-old was then left to fight the two remaining individuals by himself, one of which still had a knife.

During the fight, the 15-year-old suffered numerous superficial stab wounds, but also produced his own knife and stabbed the 18-year-old suspect in the ear and neck area. A portion of his ear was severed off and lost.

The fight apparently ended when some of individuals involved ran home. Neither the white truck nor the fourth individual involved in the fight have been located and are still outstanding.

The suspect and two juveniles were transported to the Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and were admitted for non-life threatening injuries.

No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing. The Santa Barbara Police Dept. has asked anyone with information to please call it in to the station.