Those attending Max Raabe’s concert at downtown SB’s Marjorie Luke Theater tomorrow evening may feel like they’ve stepped into a time warp upon initially viewing the singer and his Palast Orchester. Dressed in an impeccably wrinkle-free black tuxedo (complete with tails) with his hair slicked back, the singer from Berlin evokes a bygone period of flappers, bootleg gin and European excess. The feeling probably won’t last long, though…

Prone to breaking into more modern, infinitely less serious fare like zany renditions of Britney’s Spears’ “Oops!… I Did It Again,” Tom Jones’ “Sex Bomb” and Queen’s “We Will Rock You,” Raabe’s show promises to appeal just as much to college students as their grandparents. This is, after all, the performer who played at Marilyn Manson’s wedding in December of 2005.

The 45-year-old baritone has been performing all over the world, selling out some of the largest concert halls in Tokyo, Paris, Berlin and Vienna since he formed his group in 1986 while studying at the Berlin University of the Arts. Raabe’s eclectic sets also include classic ’20s and ’30s music from around the world, including Cuban rumbas and spirited foxtrots and tangos, which, through his interpretations, feel fresh and modern.

To get the flavor of Raabe’s performances, take his typical opening statement to his audiences, which span the globe: “I break the hearts of the most aloof women. I have such incredible luck with the ladies. My blood is lava and that is the trick.”

The event, which begins at 8 p.m., is being presented by UCSB’s Arts & Lectures, and costs $16 for students.