Ah, prom season. It’s the most epic time of high school for way too many girls and not enough boys. My friends and I spent hours poring over dress catalogs, booking limos, fighting over where pictures would be taken, worrying about hairstyles and figuring out who would go with whom. No, boys, you didn’t have any say. Sorry.

But about a month before the actual dance was the most anticipated time of prom season: asking time. At my lovely California High School, how you asked your date to prom was of utmost importance. The more creative you were, the better. In my junior year, my date asked me by sneaking one of those Build a Bears into my locker. The bear, dressed in a full tux, was holding half a dozen roses and wearing a tag that said, “Squeeze me!” When I gave the bear a hug, I heard a voice say, “Hey, Nicki, it’s Scott. Will you go to junior prom with me?”

OH HELL YES I WILL! That was quite impressive, especially for a high school kid. I’m sure the faculty thought we were all crazy and stupid, but nobody ever got in trouble for any crazy prom shenanigans.

Not so for a varsity lacrosse team in Michigan. Senior Kristoff Wennersten wanted a memorable way to ask Carolyn Campbell to prom, and what better way to do it than to use his teammates’ bare asses? Thirteen of Kristoff’s teammates wrote “Will you go to the prom with me? Yes or no?” on their butts and dropped trou at a JV game. Carolyn accepted by walking up to the boys and tapping the one with “yes” on his booty.

Administrators thought this act disrespected women and was just inappropriate. As a woman myself, I’m not offended in the least. Hats off – er, pants off – to you, Kristoff. I can only imagine what you have in store for a marriage proposal.