1. Renowned director Julian Schnabel garnered international acclaim for his recent hit “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.” See the film about what happens when the editor-in-chief of French Elle has to deal with the aftermath of a sudden stroke at 7:30 p.m. on April 28 in Campbell Hall.

2. Child prodigy Pandit Chitresh Das is now a prolific performer, choreographer and dancer, who’s known for his unique take on classical North Indian choreography. See him at 8 p.m. on April 25 in the MultiCultural Center Theater.

3. Tickle your ivories with a conversation with pianist Margaret Leng Tan and various UCSB composers at 4 p.m. on April 29. The event takes place in the Old Little Theatre, and is sponsored by the Interdisciplinary Humanities Center.
4. If you liked Artsweek’s interview with John Cho and Kal Penn, then check out their new movie “Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay,” when it debuts on April 25. It’s high time.

5. Look out ladies, Kanye West is now single. On Monday, “Access Hollywood” confirmed reports that the rapper and his fiancée of almost two years – Alexis Phifer – are no longer together. Hopefully, he’ll get to live the good life with plenty of drunk, hot girls now.

6. Happy anniversary to supermodel Iman and superstar David Bowie, who were married on this day in 1992. They may be kooks, but at least their marriage is still hunky dory, which is pretty rare under the pressure of Hollywood.