Following allegations of campaign violations within the campus dorms, the Residence Hall Association Elections Committee delivered a one-day sanction to the Open People’s Party that was effective all-day yesterday.

Over the weekend, RHA received some complaints about OPP members being in the halls after hours – a violation of RHA election policy. The RHA Elections Committee stated that people in OPP T-shirts were in residence halls around 10 p.m., but that it is unclear what activities these individuals were engaging in.

OPP is one of the two parties running in this week’s Associated Students election, which began Monday and will last until Thursday at 4 p.m. Students can vote via their GOLD accounts or directly at http://survey.ucsb.edu/elections.

After the Tuesday sanction, OPP is now permitted to return to the dorms.

In order to be allowed to canvas in the dorms, parties must request and obtain permission from the RHA Coordinating Board. OPP had received authorization from the board to visit the residence halls. Meanwhile, as of press time, OPP’s rival party, Student Voice, has yet to receive approval to campaign in the dorms.

According to RHA’s Constitution and Bylaws, in the eight days prior to an election from Monday through Friday, candidates are only allowed in the dorms from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., and on Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. On election days – from Tuesday to Thursday of this week – the times allowed are between the hours of 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.