GOLETA — Another young boy has come forth to accuse longtime Boy Scout volunteer Al Stein of molestation after he was arrested on similar charges early last month.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. detectives took 28-year-old Al Stein into custody on Dec. 5 for charges concerning lewd acts with a child and sexual assault one day after a Boy Scout told his parents of Stein’s alleged acts against him while the two were at a Boy Scout Christmas tree lot at 5875 Calle Real.

Following the media coverage of the former Boy Scout volunteer, parents of another minor went public with their son’s alleged encounter with Stein, contributing to the case against him. The first accusation came from a 12-year-old former member of Troop 36 who said Stein had acted inappropriately while helping out at a Boy Scout event in Goleta earlier that year. Detectives plan to continue investigating the charges against Stein and search for any other information linked to his alleged crimes.

SANTA BARBARA — After eight months of investigating, Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Narcotics Detectives arrested three men on suspicion of methamphetamine drug dealing while also confiscating two ounces of the drug.

Aided by the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s SWAT Team, narcotics officers arrested 30-year-old Samuel Huerta, 50-year-old Peter Gewant and 27-year-old Michael Rodriguez on the morning of Dec. 21, said Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. Sergeant Alex Tipolt. After completing two searches – one along the 1300 block of Sycamore Canyon Road in Santa Barbara and the other off the 200 block of Bonnie Lane in Montecito – detectives confiscated two ounces of methamphetamine and several other items associated with dealing drugs.

Officers booked the three men into Santa Barbara County Jail and set their bails accordingly. All three were charged with possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia. Huerta’s charges also included possession of a deadly weapon and possession of a switchblade knife. He faces a $30,000 bail. Gewant’s bail was set to $10,000 with charges of being under the influence of methamphetamine and illegally possessing a firearm. Rodriguez has no bail for his outstanding “Parolee At Large” warrant.

Additionally, several alleged drug users were also taken into custody. Four of the five individuals found in the residences were allegedly under the influence of methamphetamine and had violated parole or probation. One person was arrested for charges of cocaine and testosterone possession. All were booked into the Santa Barbara County Jail.

GOLETA — Sheriff’s Detectives have arrested a suspect in connection to November’s armed robbery of Rabobank in Goleta.

Identified only as three black males, the robbers held up 5340 Hollister Ave. on Nov. 29, with one brandishing a gun and all ordering employees to the ground before methodically emptying each teller drawer. The three then reportedly entered the vault and stole what a recent press release names as an “undisclosed amount of cash.” After their thorough breach, the three left the bank on foot through the nearby parking lot.

Although they fled the scene, Sheriff’s detectives worked alongside the Los Angeles Police Dept.’s Wilshire Division Robbery Unit to obtain three warrants to search through three different areas in L.A. Detectives identified two of the three suspects, and soon arrested 19-year-old suspect Christopher Turner in L.A. Booked in the L.A. County Jail for charges of robbery, conspiracy and theft of a vehicle, Turner’s bail was set at $1,000,000 as he awaits trial. The other suspect, a 16-year-old LA. resident, was not found, though there is currently a $1,000,000 warrant out for his arrest.

While police do have information regarding the location and identification of the two suspects, the third is still in question. Investigators encourage those with any information regarding the case to contact the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. Criminal Investigations Division at 805-681-4150.