Local authorities are assigning extra firefighting resources throughout Southern California and Santa Barbara County today, as the weather forecast predicts Santa Ana winds.

According to a press release from the Santa Barbara County Fire Dept., the current weather pattern could result in warm, high-speed winds. The Santa Anas are expected to begin in the Southern California region this morning and last through Saturday.

Because of the Sedgwick Reserve Fire that burned in Santa Ynez Valley last month, the Santa Ana winds have the potential to exacerbate fire-burning conditions and may cause the area to start burning again, according to the press release from the SB Fire Dept.

County fire personnel are currently keeping in close contact with weather services to determine what type and how many firefighting resources are needed.

The USDA Forest Service is also preparing for the possible high winds. According to its press release, the Forest Service is bringing in firefighters, fire engines and aircrafts, all of which will be ready all over Southern California to respond in case a new fire does ignite.

Although many US Forest Service firefighters are usually in Southern California at this time of year, according to the press release, 75 additional fire engines, 15 hand crews, 13 helitankers and eight fixed-wing airtankers are standing by throughout Southern California.

Additionally, Los Padres National Forest in Santa Barbara County is receiving part of the Forest Service’s resources. In addition to Los Padres National Forest permanent firefighting resources, 20 additional fire engines, four hand crews and two helitankers are ready in case of fire.