The UCSB men’s and women’s swimming teams extended their winning streaks by defeating CSU Bakersfield this weekend at the Roadrunner’s John S. Hillman Memorial Aquatics Center. The men’s team, (3-1 overall) defeated the Roadrunners 128-75 while the women (4-2 overall) won 152-77.

The women opened up the meet by winning the 400-medley relay with their time of 4:00.99, which was over six seconds faster than their closest competitor. The relay team consisted of freshmen Brittany Borowitz and Jamie Cisar, sophomore Carri Cook and junior Nadia Dwidar. Freshman Kelsey Lewis took the 1000 free in 10:43.52, marking her first individual collegiate win. Dwidar also garnered an individual win by swimming two seconds faster than her nearest opponent to take the 200 free in 1:54.06. Extending her streak to two weeks in a row, sophomore Naomi Javanifard claimed first in the 50 free in 24.40. Borowitz dominated in the 500 free with her time of 5:11.21, which was eight seconds faster than the runner-up.

“Overall, we were pretty confident that we would do well with the women,” Dwidar said. “Our coaches have been training us hard, and they have high expectations. I think we all just want to go out there and rise to their expectations. We want to reciprocate the same feelings of energy that the coaches give us day in and out.”

The women also claimed the 400-free relay with help from sophomores Courtney Bauer and Niki Schrakamp, freshman Stephanie Brooks and Dwidar in 3:36.86. Sophomore Katie Ure had an excellent meet as she notched two individual wins in the 200 individual medley and 200 fly. In addition to the 400-medley relay, Cisar placed first in the 100 free with her time of 54.35. Cook also took the 200 breast for the last individual win of the day to claim the Gaucho victory.

On the men’s side, freshman Kevin Kuhn collected his first collegiate win in the 100 free. Sophomore Daniel McClary easily defeated his Roadrunner opponent in the 200 fly in 1:52.21. Junior Chris Good was the only double-winner of the day for the men, taking the 200 individual medley and 200 back.

“It was a fun meet, and we were pretty confident that it would go well,” Good said. “I was pretty happy that I could contribute to the team. We have all been working real hard, and though we didn’t capture our first relay, we stepped it up and came out strong. We only took half of our team, and we still came out strong.”

The Gauchos will get a nice little break before they jump back into the pool on Nov. 29-Dec. 2 to compete at the Husky Invitational in Federal Way, Wash.