Students searching for quicker ways to get past ticket lines and bouncers will now have a new alternative, as a result of one of Facebook’s newest applications.

TicketLeap, a Philadelphia-based company, recently announced the release of their Ticketing application last Friday for the Facebook platform. The application is designed to allow Facebook users to buy and sell tickets online for Facebook events electronically. TicketLeap founder and CEO Christopher Stanchak said the application will easily facilitate the sale of tickets through the popular networking site.

“We’re giving Facebook users an easy way to sell tickets to their events,” Stanchak said. “Our application works hand-in-hand with Facebook events, and we’ve made it as simple as possible.”

In order to use the new application, ticket sellers must first add the program and then select the event they will host. The application is free to add, and will direct guests from the event page to the TicketLeap Web site.

Unlike most applications, only the seller is required to add the program. Potential guests are transported from the event page directly to Ticketleap.com, where they can pay for their tickets with a major credit card and receive a receipt or ticket stub via e-mail. The process is similar to buying prepaid airline tickets online.

According to TicketLeap Corporate Manager Carolyn Daniel, the company is currently focusing on smaller events and venues, hoping to engage a demographic frustrated with big online companies such as Ticketmaster or StubHub.

“We have the technology to serve a larger audience, but there are so many smaller ones that can’t afford Ticketmaster or don’t want to be locked into a contract, and we appeal to them as well,” Daniel said.

TicketLeap began operating in 2002 as a part of the University of Pennsylvania’s Venture Initiation Program, a business incubator that helped get the posting, advertising and organizing business on its feet. Today, the company sells thousands of tickets annually through its site at TicketLeap.com.

The young company hopes to use this opportunity to expand. Daniel said the simplicity of the program will attract and satisfy new event organizers.

“It’s a great way to reach our current audience and grow our future audience,” Daniel said.

Some college students have already taken note of the application’s potential. Second-year business economics major Lindsay Coss said the convenience of a direct link for ticket purchases will likely attract users.

“When you see an event, like a concert or something, sometimes it hard to find the time to seek it out, but if the link is right there, it might be easier,” Coss said.