1. William Shatner announced last week that he will not appear in next year’s new “Star Trek” film. The film, which is set to hit theaters in December 2008, will recount an early expedition of the Starship Enterprise. It’s too bad the Shat-Man couldn’t negotiate his way in, but we suppose his powers only extend to hot hotel clerks.
2. Soulful chanteuse Denyce Graves has a repertoire that runs the gamut from German lieder to Broadway standards. Check her out, with pianist Warren Jones, at Campbell Hall tonight. The show starts at 8 p.m., courtesy of Arts & Lectures.
3. D’oh! Don’t have a cow, man – instead, go see “The Simpsons Movie” at I.V. Theater on Nov. 6. Screenings are at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., and they’re free.
4. “Two Angry Moms,” a documentary about school food programs, will screen at the Marjorie Luke Theater on Nov. 7. The screening starts at 5 p.m., and there will be a discussion afterwards featuring the titular matriarchs themselves.
5. Oops, she did it again. Britney Spears’ new album, Blackout, hit stores on Oct. 30, and not only does it feature her strip club-ready single “Gimme More,” but it also showcases her brand-new brunette do on the cover. Toxic.
6. Life’s a rat race. Take a break with the charming animated comedy, “Ratatouille,” which comes out on DVD on Nov. 6. It’s delicious.