Nothing has the power to butter your buns quite like waking up to find that there’s no breakfast in the house. But, don’t get your huevos in a bunch, my friend – On The Menu has found you the sunny side of breakfast in Santa Barbara.

Leggo My Eggel!
Bagel Cafe
6551 Trigo Rd.
(805) 685-7114
Price: Under $10

Anyone that has walked down Trigo Road around 3 a.m. has smelled the aroma of Bagel Cafe’s scrumptious bagels cooking. Its convenient location and quality ingredients give the eatery a lox-down on students’ patronage.

Manager Wes Hensley said the eatery uses high-quality ingredients.

“Our bagels and cream cheese are made fresh daily,” Hensley said.

Whether you are a purist who takes your bagel plain with just a dollop of cream cheese or a breakfast adventurer who prefers something like the galaxy (everything) bagel with jalapeno cream cheese, there are endless options. For an early morning meal, the cafe boasts a scrumptious classic with a doughy spin.

“For breakfast, I recommend the Benedict Eggel – a bagel with two whole eggs, lox, avocado and hollandaise sauce,” Hensley said.

If you want to spice up your morning, try the Huevos a la Mexicana. The Mexicana bagel is a spicy south-of-the-border bagel with two eggs, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes and cheese.

Regardless of how many times you hit the snooze button before you get out of bed, the Bagel Cafe serves delicious bagel creations from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for breakfast and lunch. With bagels that are the cream cheese of the crop, you’ll have an entire menu to wake up before 3 for.

Breakin’ Eggs
Beachbreak Cafe
324 State St.
(805) 962-2889
Price: Under $10

Take a break from the morning waves and get a surf-style breakfast at the Beachbreak Cafe. Serving up dishes named for local surf spots and beaches, Beachbreak Cafe knows how surfers and land-lovers alike enjoy their meals.

Owner and manager Joe Lyons said the restaurant makes all of its meals from scratch.

“Everything is homemade,” Lyons said.

Great hash browns, fresh cinnamon rolls and fluffy pancakes bake away the morning competition. The signature dish, the Hawaiian French Toast, is made with six pieces of King’s Hawaiian bread and will have you hula-ing for more.

Students and locals enjoy Beachbreak’s laid-back, fun atmosphere. With a convenient location downtown, it’s the perfect place to break after a wave of shopping.

Lyons also said the cafe has expanded both its premises and menu.

“We just doubled in size and have a huge patio overlooking State Street,” Lyons said. Also, for extremely late risers, Beachbreak just added an all-new dinner menu and an excellent happy hour.

So take your hunger down to the Beachbreak Cafe for a taste of surfer’s paradise on a plate. They are toastin’ up daybreak favorites and surfin’ out lunch and dinner every day from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.

You’re a Tiger, Baby
Sambo’s
216 W. Cabrillo Blvd.
(805) 965-3269[[ok]]
Price: $10-20[[ok]]

Not ready to end your night of endless liquor consumption? Keep the party going during a breakfast at Sambo’s. Sambo’s boasts the biggest mimosas and Bloody Marys in town, while scrambling up great breakfasts.

With fresh made buttermilk pancakes and hometown favorites, Sambo’s has something for anyone’s breakfast appetite.

General manager Steve Padilla said the cafe’s omelets are top-notch.

“I recommend the Santa Barbara Omelet,” Padilla said.

This omelet sensation, which comes with hash browns and toast, is made with three eggs, bacon, avocado, cheese, and for that extra kick, it’s topped with sour cream and salsa.

Padilla said Sambo’s pancakes are better for a sweeter treat.

“I also recommend the banana caramel pecan pancakes,” Padilla said.

He said UCSB students will keep visiting Sambo’s for breakfast because the atmosphere, location and drinks bring students back for more. Padilla also said Sambo’s bakes up some treats to tide waiting patrons over before breakfast is served.

“We serve fresh-baked muffins to every table prior to breakfast,” Padilla said.

So when your stomach is growling, stop over at Sambo’s, open every day from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – it’s a restaurant you’ll flip for.

It doesn’t matter if you’re an early bird or a creature of the night, the menus at these mouth-watering eateries will give you a reason to roll out of bed in the morning.