Six members of the UCSB track and field team are competing at the highest level at this week’s NCAA Championships. Four members of the women’s squad and two from the men’s side are representing the Gauchos at Hornet Stadium on the campus of Sacramento State. The attendees are comprised of five seniors and one junior.

The Santa Barbara men competing this week are seniors Eugene Bradley and John Delaney. Bradley is the UCSB record holder in the hammer, and enters the championships as the #16 seed after being selected with an at-large bid. Delaney qualified automatically in the javelin with his fifth-place finish at the NCAA Regionals with a throw of 210 feet and 3 inches.

The only representative from the women’s field team is senior Amy Haapanen, who will partake in the hammer throw and shot put. The Big West Field Athlete of the Year is the sixth seed in the hammer and the #16 seed in the shot put. Fueled by a first-place finish in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the Big West Championships, junior Bethany Nickless will attend the event as the #13 seed.

A pair of Gaucho seniors, Stephanie Rothstein and Megan Lewis, will compete in the 10,000-meter. Rothstein, the Big West Female Track Athlete of the Year, enters the event as the fifth seed after her eighth-place finish last year earned her All-American recognition. Lewis’s top time of 33:30.13 earned her the ninth seed.