Associated Students Finance Board distributed $20,952.29 to 13 of the 15 student groups requesting money at its meeting yesterday afternoon.

The board fully funded requests from Santa Barbara for Uganda, Indus, Facing Reality and the MultiCultural Drama Company. It also fully funded requests from the Women’s Ensemble Theatre Troupe, Chabad at UCSB, SB Hillel, UCSB’s chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and the Lebanese Club. Meanwhile, the board allocated partial funding to Students Teaching Alcohol and other drug Responsibility, iProd and Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.

In addition, board members tabled a request from the UCSB Rowing club to help fund its traveling expenses to an upcoming regatta in order to discuss procedures for travel expenses at a later time.

The UCSB campus chapter for Habitat for Humanity, which the board did not fund last week for travel expenses to New Orleans, again went unfunded.

Finance Board Chair Nick Szamet said he wanted to encourage the organization to work with the A.S. special project group for Hurricane Katrina relief.

“The beauty of getting no money is that it spurs you to do other things to get money,” Szamet said. “I’ll make sure Habitat works with the A.S. group.”

The board fully funded the Lebanese Club with $1,905 for the annual Middle East Extravaganza in the Hub, slated for March 9. Rami Yassime, the club’s representative, said the event would be free for students and feature special highlights.

“We’ll have a belly dancer, a DJ and sophisticated desserts,” Yassime said. “We expect a lot of people to attend.”

The board passed the request for $1,905 with consent.

Meanwhile, iProd – part of a UCSB dramatic arts class – asked for $4,500 to rent equipment and advertising space for its upcoming show, “Without a Hitch.” The board, however, allocated $3,250, as members said they did not want to use Finance Board funds to pay for the group’s laminated flyers, deeming the expense unnecessary.