Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers are investigating two separate incidents of sexual assault and one incident of battery that left an 18-year-old man in the hospital with a serious head injury.

The two sexual assault cases occurred over the weekend, IVFP Officer Mark Ward said. Police are currently searching for suspects in each incident, and have decided not to release any additional information, he said.

The two assaults – one of which has been confirmed as a rape – occurred during a weeklong campaign called “I Want a Truce” which called for a weekend free of rape or sexual assaults. The campaign was hosted by the group Students Stopping Rape and the Women’s Center.

IVFP officers also responded to an incident of battery with serious injury on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive on Sunday at 1:15 a.m. Officers arrested 18-year-old Agaititi Tokio, a Goleta resident, for allegedly punching 22-year-old Robert Lawrence in the head, leaving him with a two-inch laceration and a concussion.

Ward said the suspect was arrested and will be charged with felony battery, and could serve extra jail because the victim was knocked out.

According to the police report, the two men were arguing in the driveway of a DP home when the suspect punched Lawrence in the head, knocking him to the ground and rendering him unconscious for approximately two minutes. Ward said the IVFP is currently looking for witnesses of the incident.

-Nikki Moore