Thursday, June 29
She’s a little bit country, he’s a little bit rock ‘n’ roll. Former Dire Straits frontman Mark Knopfler teams up with classic country music singer-songwriter Emmylou Harris at the Santa Barbara Bowl at 7 p.m. The pair is touring to support their recent album of duets and tickets to see the ’80s icon and the country music queen start at $42.50.

Saturday, July 1
Bored with the beach yet? Check out the exclusive California debut of Between Past and Future: New Photography and Video From China at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum. The two venues are each showing a portion of the exhibit, which features cutting-edge photo and video art produced in China since the mid-1990s. The exhibit runs from July 1 through August 26 at the Contemporary Arts Forum, and through Sept 17 at the SB Museum of Art.

Thursday, July 13
Break out a flannel button-down and throw on those Doc Martens, because Pearl Jam comes to Santa Barbara tonight. The iconic grunge rockers are playing with Sonic Youth at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Tickets to the 6 p.m. show start at $49.50.

Wednesday, July 19
Burning to see “Thank You For Smoking”? Jason Reitman’s hilarious comedy about the trials and tribulations of a tobacco lobbyist is playing at Campbell Hall tonight, thanks to the fine folks at Arts & Lectures. Admission to the 7:30 p.m. film, which features Aaron Eckhart, Adam Brody, Rob Lowe, Katie Holmes, Maria Bello, William H. Macy and Sam Elliot, is free for UCSB students.

Wednesday, August 2
UCSB Arts & Lectures does it again. This time they’re presenting the critically acclaimed French thriller “Cache.” The film, which starts at 7:30 p.m., follows a married couple as they try to figure out why videotapes of their most personal moments keep appearing on their front porch. Tickets are five dollars for UCSB students and six dollars for general admission.

Thursday, August 3
Where can one experience traditional Mexican art and dancing, bull riding, wine tasting, live music, a children’s parade, games and food? The answer is Santa Barbara’s Old Spanish Days Fiesta, which runs from August 2 to August 6 this year. The good stuff, including live music and dancing, starts today with free events that include a horse show and rodeo at 7:30 a.m. and a country music concert at 6:30 p.m. A full calendar of events is available at www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org.