Before distributing funds to six on-campus groups, the Associated Students Finance Board revoked a $200 allocation to The Green Initiative Fund (TGIF) campaign at its meeting Monday.

According to the A.S legal code, organized proponents of campuswide fee measures such as TGIF may not use any A.S. funds if their campaign budget exceeds $400. TGIF Organizer Eric Cummings said his group returned the money to the board’s Campaign Issues Account last week after spending $3,000 on the campaign.

Cummings said the TGIF campaign received a private $2,500 donation from a founder of Better World Now – an environmentalist organization – and $500 from the on-campus organization Green Campus Council, as well as donations from several TGIF campaigners. He said the TGIF campaign never cashed the check they received from A.S.

A.S. Internal Vice President Adam Graff said board members were unaware of the code when they allocated funds to the TGIF campaign.

“The Campaign Issues [Account] has very specific requirements in its financial policies and procedures,” Graff said. “This was our attempt to enact campaign finance reform.”

Afterward, board members debated the allocation of funds among six student groups. Some board members suggested dividing the remaining $1,168.22 equally among the groups, as the amount was relatively small.

“If we don’t split up the money equally, we’re going to try and see who gets what,” Board Member Jake Thorn said. “This would be a destructive debate that would fly in the face of what Finance Board does.”

However, Off Campus Rep. Howie Baker said the board should not fund groups equally because of their varying budgets.

“It’s a bad idea to say that one group has any more merit than any other,” Baker said. “Each group or event is completely unique.”

The board eventually partitioned the remaining money equally between five groups, giving $194.80 to organizers of the Pilipino Cultural Night, the Education Abroad Program’s Bridging Cultures event, the UCSB Dance Team Benefit Concert and Black Culture Week. To drain the board’s funds of its last two cents, the African Awareness Student Organization received $194.82.