Officers from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) are looking for the perpetrators of two separate incidents – an attempted rape and a stabbing – that occurred Saturday evening in I.V.

An unknown suspect attacked and attempted to sexually assault a female UCSB student while she was locking her bike outside of her I.V. residence. The man fled the scene when the woman struggled, IVFP Cpl. Zak Ayala said in a press statement. The IVFP is currently investigating the incident.

In the second incident, Santa Barbara City College student George Langlo, 18, was stabbed in the hand by an unknown assailant on the 6500 block of Trigo at 2:32 a.m. Ayala said Langlo was taken to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital and treated for a deep laceration to his hand. The IVFP is still looking for the suspect.

The female UCSB student was approached by a man she did not know while she was trying to lock her bike in front of her residence, Ayala said. He said the suspect approached the woman and began talking to her, then grabbed the woman and began hugging and squeezing her. The suspect allegedly forced the woman to the ground, removed his pants and attempted to remove the victim’s pants, but fled the scene when the woman cried for help, Ayala said.

The IVFP could not release the woman’s name. The investigation into the attempted rape is ongoing.

According to a police report of the stabbing incident, Langlo was standing on Trigo talking to a woman he did not know when a man came up from behind him and began pushing him.

Langlo said to IVFP officers that the suspect told him the woman was “his girl,” brandished a knife and began waving it at him. The man stabbed Langlo in his right hand, causing a deep cut near Langlo’s thumb.

The IVFP is still looking for information regarding the assailant’s identity. The perpetrator is described as a male with blond hair, 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighing approximately 230 pounds and wearing jeans and a black sweatshirt.