The UCSB Police Dept. (UCPD) is currently conducting an investigation into the whereabouts of Manzanita Village Residence Hall resident Nicholas Sigmon after he was reported missing Sunday afternoon.

UCPD Officers responded to a missing person’s report at the Camuesa House of Manzanita Village at approximately 1:25 p.m. on Sunday, UCPD Officer Mark Signa said. Sigmon was also cited on the Saturday preceding the missing person’s report for an alleged indecent exposure offense, Signa said.

Signa said UCPD officers spoke with a few Manzanita residents on Sunday, but none were privy to Sigmon’s location.

The UCPD spoke with Sigmon’s mother on the phone later Sunday afternoon. Sigmon’s mother said her son was most likely in his home area of San Leandro in San Francisco’s East Bay. However, Signa said UCPD will continue to treat Sigmon as a missing person’s case until his whereabouts are confirmed.

Sigmon is also a suspect in an alleged indecent exposure case reported at 12:30 a.m. on Jan. 21 in Manzanita Village, Signa said. The female victim alleged that Sigmon exposed his genitals to her while she was studying in one of the Manzanita Village lounges.

Signa said the victim later identified Sigmon out of a photo line-up and called the UCPD. Sigmon was then placed under citizen’s arrest until UCPD arrived. Signa said Sigmon was given a citation and a court date for the alleged offense.

Signa said anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Nicholas Sigmon should contact the UCPD at (805) 893-3446.