From start to finish, the UCSB swim teams dominated Saturday’s dual meets against UCSD. The women’s team beat the Tritons (0-3) 151 to 99 and the men’s team handled San Diego (0-2) by a final score of 167 to 92. With the victories, the women advance to 3-2 and the men’s team evens its record at 1-1.

In the dual meet, the deep Gaucho squads boasted 15 different first place finishers in individual events. Three UCSB women – junior Jennifer Schwalb, sophomore Courtney Jenkins, and freshman Erin Yamamoto – were double event winners.

Schwalb won the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:54.55 and the 200 breaststroke with a 2:19.59 time. Both events were not races the butterflyer normally swims.

Jenkins took the 50-freestyle and the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:08.48. Yamamoto took both the 200 butterfly with a 2:07.07 time and the 100-freestyle (53.19).

On the men’s side, two swimmers were also double event winners. Senior Grant Hurst won both the 200 freestyle (1:42.51) and the 500-freestyle with a 4:39.73 time. Freshman Chris Good swam away with wins in the 200 IM (1:54.79) and the 200-backstroke (1:50.38).

The women’s team took first and second in the 400-yard medley relay and swept the 50-yard freestyle. Jenkins won the race with a 24.78 swim, with freshman sprinter Nadia Dwidar and junior sprinter Josefa Carlin close behind her.

Other event winners for the UCSB women’s team included freshman Ashley Yamahata in the 1000 freestyle, freshman Jenisse Demeulenaere in the 100 backstroke, freshman Kaitlin Freeman in the 100 breaststroke, and senior Danielle Taylor in the 200 yard backstroke.

While the women’s team swam a commanding meet, the men’s team proved too much for the Tritons to handle. The men took first to fourth in two different events and placed first to third in another.

In the 200-yard butterfly, junior Pat Cary won with a 1:50.74 time. Following in order were senior Ben Fisher, juniors Dan Leelachat and Brent Nolan.

The Gauchos also claimed the 200-yard backstroke with very fast swims from Good, freshman Brock Roverud, and sophomores Brooks Felton and Ben Malcolm. Senior captain TK Erwin led the sweep of the 100-yard backstroke with a 51.92 swim.

Event winners for the Gauchos included Leelachat in the 200-breaststroke, senior captain Garrett Porteous in the 1000 freestyle, sophomore Blake Nilsson in the 100-backstroke, and junior Brandon Gladys in the 100 butterfly.

For the Tritons, junior Lars Nordstrom swam away with victories in the 50 and 100-yard freestyle – the lone double individual event winner for UCSD.

Both the men’s and women’s teams hit the road to face Cal State Northridge on Nov. 18 at 1 p.m.