The Associated Students Finance Board relinquished the last of its Fall Quarter funds yesterday after allocating $256.61 to the UCSB chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

The board allocated the last of its funds to the NAACP to help finance the group’s printing costs, which include fliers for its upcoming Comedy Show featuring Los Angeles stand-up comic Hurricane and Black Entertainment Television comic Connie Chunn. Despite its depleted funds, Finance Board Chair Aseye Allah said the board will continue to have weekly meetings.

Black Student Union liason and NAACP member Tim Finney said the UCSB chapter of NAACP was recreated on campus this quarter after a two-year hiatus. Finney, a third-year business economics major, said proceeds from the Comedy Show will go toward the newly re-established NAACP chapter and will fund a $1,000 scholarship. The group will award the scholarship to the first-year student with the highest grade point average at the end of Fall Quarter.

In order to fund the group, Finance Board had to suspend one of its rules. Allah said the board is normally not allowed to fund students groups that have been registered with the Office of Student Life for less than one year. However, the board unanimously voted to suspend this rule and allocate the remainder of its funds to the NAACP because finance board members said it was for such a good cause.

Although Finance Board no longer has funds for student groups this quarter, Allah said it will continue to hold meetings to approve A.S. board and committee financial actions, such as the use of previously allocated funds for the creation of business cards.

The UCSB chapter of NAACP will host its Comedy Show in Corwin Pavilion on Nov. 19 from 6 to 10 p.m. Finney said tickets can be purchased in the Arbor for $15 prior to the event or for $20 at the door.