Good things don’t always come to those who wait: Reggae and hip hop musician Damian Marley’s Sunday night show in the Hub is already sold out.

Of the 800 tickets originally available two weeks ago, all were sold out within six days, said Richard Sloven, Associated Students Program Board (ASPB) concert coordinator. Sloven, a junior political science major, said space constraints prohibit ASPB from selling additional tickets at the door, which opens at 7 p.m. for the show at 8.

Sloven said Marley’s agent wanted the award-winning, chart-topping reggae and hip hop artist to perform in Santa Barbara because of his popularity in the area. After seeing the amount of sales Marley’s albums made in local music stores, Sloven said he decided to book the act. The singer, son of reggae icon Bob Marley, comes to the Hub in the midst of a two-week tour with U2.

“He’s perfect because he’s one of the hottest acts around in Santa Barbara right now, so it’s really cool we’re able to bring him,” Sloven said.

As opposed to the usual two-month period, Sloven said he had only three weeks to prepare for the show. Because of the lack of time for advertising, he feared ticket sales might be lower than usual. However, Sloven said Marley’s popularity in the local scene as well as at ASPB Extravaganza concert last year reassured him the act was a good choice.

At last year’s Extravaganza, Marley performed alongside groups such as the Hairbrain Scheme, the Walkmen, Rjd2 and Busta Rhymes. Sloven said he thought Marley’s performance was one of the best.

“Tons of people came for [Marley] and left before Busta Rhymes,” Sloven said. “It was a very energetic show.”

At the time, Marley performed only reggae, Sloven said. Since then, he has crossed over to hip hop as well, which he will include in his performance this Sunday.

Marley’s performance is the last ASPB concert for Fall Quarter, but Sloven said more will be scheduled for Winter Quarter.