Although it is still early in the UCSB women’s club soccer season, one statistic stands out in addition to its impressive undefeated record. In just four games, the Gauchos have outscored opponents 26-0.

On Oct. 1, UCSB pummeled San Marcos with an offensive explosion, winning 14-0. The next day, the Gauchos continued to roll, beating Irvine 7-0.

Last weekend, the Gauchos took out UCLA 4-0 on Saturday before edging out Loyola Marymount 1-0 Sunday.

“[Keepers Emily Ottiniano and Krissy Beaty] have been doing a great job in the goal,” Head Coach Todd Heil said. “And our defense has been doing a great job in front of them.” This weekend, the Gauchos host 10 other schools in their own invitational tournament. According to Heil, who has been the women’s club soccer coach since the team’s inception in 2000, the squad will face challenges from San Diego State, Cal and Arizona at the UCSB Invitational.

“This weekend’s tournament is going to say a lot about how well we’re going to do in the future,” Heil said.

Vanessa Rath, president of the women’s club team, said that the team was coming together very well, considering the large amount of new players. The 21-woman roster features 13 new players, including five freshmen.

“We have high expectations for the season,” Rath said. “Nationals this year are in Alabama in November. We’re planning on going to those.”

Last year, the team went to nationals in Texas and advanced to the semifinals before a thunderstorm rained out the tournament. Santa Barbara was ahead in total points and was awarded the national championship along with the four other semifinalists.

Games for this weekend’s tournament will be held on Rob Field and Storke Field.