Spring Quarter is about to jump off. This is the time that everyone has been waiting for. Here is a list of some of the events going down in the next couple of days. So use this information and take advantage of what is going down on campus.

On Thursday, May 12, there will be a dance at the Hub titled, “The Get Down 2,” brought to you by Black Pioneers Renaissance Organization, Akanke, Hermanas Unidas and Hermanos Unidos. Last year’s “Get Down” brought more than 600 people, and we are looking to top that this year. Tickets go for only $5 at the door and $3 presale. The doors open at 9:30 p.m., close at 11:30 p.m., and the party will go until 1:30 a.m. Proceeds for this event will go to help support the I.V. Teen Center.

On Friday, May 13, Joining All Cultures Together will present “The White Linen Party.” The dance is free to all who come dressed in white from head to toe. It costs $5 for those who come in regular clothes. The reason for the theme is that white is the reflection of all colors. At the party, we want people of all backgrounds meeting new people and embracing the diversity that our campus has to offer. The white is to remind us that though we are all different, we are still connected because we are all one people. The party is co-sponsored by over 20 different clubs and organizations. This party will be located in the Hub and will last from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.

The night of Saturday, May 14 will feature the 2nd Annual Black Culture Show, put on by the Africa Awareness Student Organization. All proceeds from this event will go to the American Red Cross to fight the measles epidemic in Africa. This epidemic kills 1,200 children every day in Africa, and one vaccine for measles costs only $1. The show will blend the unique cultures of Africa, the Caribbean and the Americas through dance, music, poetry and theater. The show begins in Campbell Hall at 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 presale and $7 at the door. This is a unique experience that will have Eskista, one of many Ethiopian dances. Also, the always-impressive Skyline dance group will perform a special African dance.

This leads up to Sunday, May 15, and the fashion show, “A Touch of Color: Fashion that Reigns,” brought to you by Black Reign. Black Reign is the premier dance group on campus that recently won its latest competition at USC. At the show, there will be clothes from 20 different designers from the Santa Barbara and Los Angeles areas. Some of the names contributing are PONY, Ecko and Antonio Vargas. All of the spring lines of your favorite designers will be on display, so anyone interested in the latest fashion should attend. This event will take place at Corwin Pavilion starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 presale and $10 at the door. Don’t miss the after party, which will be from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.

So now that you know what is going down, take advantage of it and have same fun. If you are looking for more information on these events, then stop by the Arbor and check out the groups out there tabling. These events are all also on Thefacebook (don’t act like you weren’t just thinking of looking there). Go out and support the organizations that have put in work to make sure that these events are tight.

Tim Finney is a sophomore business economics major.