The bells will toll tonight for 14 boxers as they compete in Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE) fraternity’s 14th annual Fight Night.

Doors to the charity event, held in the Thunderdome, will open at 5:30 p.m., and the first match is scheduled to begin at 7. Tickets for Fight Night will be available to the public at the doors, where general admission is $7 per person and ringside seats will sell for $12 a person. A total of seven matches, six male-to-male fights and one female versus female battle will be featured at the event. With 5,000 tickets available, Fight Night Coordinator Art Madrigal said general admission seats would be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

“We have some really good guys that have been training for a few months,” Madrigal said. “These are people that know what they are doing and the fights should be really good.”

Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Say Yes To Kids Foundation, a Santa Barbara-based charity run through the Primo Boxing Club on East Haley Street downtown. The charity is an after-school program for local troubled youth that provides alternative activities.

Last year, roughly 4,200 people attended the Fight Night event, which raised about $9,000 for the Say Yes to Kids charity, Madrigal said. The fraternity hopes to donate more money this year, he said.

It costs a little over $20,000 to host Fight Night each year, including the cost of renting the Thunderdome, hiring security and insuring the event, Madrigal said. The event pulled in around $30,000 last year, and after the costs were paid for, the remaining money was given to Say Yes to Kids, Madrigal said. Because it’s a philanthropic event, PIKE cannot pocket the money gained from Fight Night, he said.

In previous years, one of the matches featured included a bout in the style of the “Ultimate Fighting Championship,” where the competitors are allowed to use their fists and feet as well as grapple. Madrigal said the legal issues surrounding the possible injuries that competitors might incur during the fight were too great, and the fraternity decided to drop the match. Instead, a matchup between two women will take its place.

“I’m pretty excited about the match because the girls have been trained,” he said. “They’re trained boxers — they’re not going to go in there and pull hair.”

With three months spent planning the event, Madrigal said he is looking forward to tonight’s bouts.

“It takes a lot of time and effort,” he said. “I’m excited it’s here and I can’t wait.”

1st Match
Jason Braun
5’10” 164 lbs.
Vs.
Celso Ribera
5’10” 166 lbs.

2nd Match
Pete Forthun
6’2″ 175 lbs.
Vs.
Sean Crampton
6’1″ 185 lbs.

3rd Match
Brendan Lynch
5’7″ 130 lbs.
Vs.
Roberto Mora
5’10” 145 lbs.

4th Match, Ladies’ Bout
Debbie Scott
5’4″ 104 lbs.
Vs.
Tanya Erazo
5’3″ 125 lbs.

5th Match
Peter Aguilar
6’1″ 201 lbs.
Vs.
Jason Lebowitz
6’1″ 205 lbs.

6th Match
Armand Lozano
5’9″ 183 lbs.
Vs.
Elliot Seymour
5’9″ 167 lbs.

7th Match, Main Event
Nick Orloff
5’11” 190 lbs.
Vs.
Kevin Barger
5’8″ 142 lbs.