Three suspects were arrested Wednesday for their alleged role in the fatal stabbing of a Santa Barbara minor Tuesday night following a botched attempt to rob a local drug dealer.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. deputies investigating the death of 17-year-old Cameron Boyce took Fletcher Ross Pinkham, 20, of Goleta, into custody for allegedly assaulting Boyce with a knife and leaving him with a single stab wound that would lead to his death shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday.

Sheriff’s Dept. spokesman Sgt. Erik Raney said detectives determined that Boyce and two local juvenile friends allegedly met with Pinkham on Tuesday night for the purpose of purchasing marijuana and attempted to rob him. In the struggle that followed, Raney said, Pinkham allegedly stabbed Boyce once in the upper chest and then fled the scene. Boyce’s friends transported him to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, where he eventually died from the single knife wound, Raney said.

Raney said police also arrested Boyce’s two accomplices, whose names were not released due to their juvenile status, and booked them into Santa Barbara County Juvenile Hall on homicide charges. Because the trio was allegedly in the process of committing a felony — the armed robbery of Pinkham — when Boyce was stabbed, Raney said, California state law requires that they also be held responsible for his death.

“One of Boyce’s two accomplices did have a knife,” Raney said.

The Sheriff’s Dept. has deemed the investigation closed, Raney said, and is not currently seeking any other suspects in the case.

“We’re considering it pretty much a done investigation,” he said. “We have all three people who were involved in the homicide.”

Raney said he was pleased that detectives were able to locate and arrest Pinkham and the other suspects in the case so quickly, resolving the investigation in a timely manner.

“It was just good, solid detective work that brought us to Pinkham,” Raney said. “Our homicide investigators did all that they are trained to do — and that they excel at – and they were able to find him and take him into custody.”