Simply put, they are ready.

The UCSB (10-12 overall, 3-1 in the Big West) men’s tennis team ended the regular season with a dominating 7-0 sweep of Westmont. The Gauchos have won three games in the last week in preparation for the Big West Tournament.

Senior Alex Anselme teamed up with freshman Anders Dalskov for a tight 9-8 win at #1 doubles and junior Ivan d’Argence paired with junior Hagan Brody for an 8-2 win at #3 to give the Gauchos the doubles point.

Senior Leo Basica and sophomore Elad Stern provided the only blemish by UCSB, falling 8-6 at #2 doubles.

The Gauchos won in commanding fashion at all six singles spots, never losing a set.

Anselme was part of the closest match at #1 singles, winning 7-5, 6-2. Basica added a 6-0, 6-1 win at #2, while d’Argence managed a win at #3 by the same 6-0, 6-2 mark. Stern was victorious 6-3, 6-1 at #4, Dalskov won 6-0, 6-2, and little-used Brody finished off the sweep 6-3, 6-1.

“Definitely the way we wanted to end the season,” Head Coach Marty Davis said. “We are on a nice little run.”

The Westmont match marked the final regular season match for three seniors. Anselme has been UCSB’s top player for the last two years and has helped the Gauchos become a Big West power.

“Alex is one of the most talented players in Gaucho history,” Davis said. “He has been an all-conference player each year and will most likely be one again this year. He has been our #1 singles player the last two years and has handled the pressure that comes with the role remarkably well.”

Basica has been a staple for the Gauchos, contributing mainly at #3 doubles and #5 singles.

“Leo is a testament to persistence and perseverance,” Davis said. “He didn’t make the team his first year, but came out for the open tryout and made it in his second year. He was our winningest player this year with 12 dual match victories. He came out of nowhere and has set a standard with his work ethic.”

Matt Coin was a major contributor for UCSB during his junior campaign, but injuries wiped out a promising senior season.

“Matt was our most inspirational player last year. He would have been a starter this year if not for his wrist surgery,” Davis said. “He was largely responsible for the huge attendance at the Irvine match this year. He brought it upon himself as the co-captain and it demonstrated tremendous leadership.”

The season is not over for the Gauchos, who start the Big West Tournament on Friday, where #3 UCSB will face #6 Utah State.