Senior Lindsey Herrin blasted her ninth, 10th and 11th home runs of the year to lead UCSB to a three-game sweep of Davis this weekend at Campus Diamond and broke a school record of her own in the process.

“I’m very happy we took all three games from Davis. They are better than their record says,” UCSB Head Coach Kristy Schroeder said. “We made great adjustments at the plate and scored pretty much every time we had runners on base. We’re doing a much better job than we have been in the past.”

The Gauchos (22-14 overall, 8-4 in the Big West) held the Aggies (6-34 overall, 1-11 Independents) to just one run in the series, beating Davis 2-0 and 4-1 on Saturday and 9-0 in a slaughter-rule shortened game on Sunday.

The three victories came as a result of Santa Barbara’s dominant pitching and contributions from the top of the order to the bottom. With Sunday’s homer, Herrin broke the record she set last year at UCSB for the most number of home runs in a season.

“It felt really great to hit that home run,” Herrin said. “I definitely enjoyed it and when I’m hitting home runs, that means the team is scoring. I’m the fourth hitter on the lineup, so it’s my job to drive in runs. When I’m scoring and hitting in runners, I’m doing my job.”

In Sunday’s game, sophomore pitchers Jennifer Davis and Lindsey Sommer limited the Aggies to four hits, no runs and five strikeouts in five innings before the eight-run rule was called. Davis also launched a home run on Sunday, putting her up to nine homers on the season.

“Our defense was really great this weekend,” Davis said. “It was solid and everyone was talking it up the whole time. With my pitching, I don’t think I was absolutely A+, but I did well enough to keep the runs down. We were all scoring runs when we needed to and everyone seemed to find some holes.”

UCSB will try to keep the momentum up from last weekend’s sweep as it faces Pacific in Stockton this weekend.