The part of the Gaucho track and field teams that was not shipped to Austin, Texas, for Texas Relays will be in SoCal tonight for the Fullerton Twilight Track & Field Meet.

This year will be UCSB’s first time competing in the Fullerton Twilight, and since this meet is the first nighttime competition of the season, some of the Gauchos are in for a new experience.

“When we practice at night, we all get pumped up under the lights,” sophomore distance runner Bethany Nickless said. “This will be my first time running in a nighttime meet, so I think we will do well, and I’m really hoping to [set a personal record].”

This invitational meet will not affect Santa Barbara’s record or standings, as it is not a scoring meet, yet the team says it will use the meet as an opportunity to gain valuable experience.

Assistant Coach John Dagata is confident that the team will perform well against schools from all over California.

“Last weekend was a big meet for us,” Dagata said. “The women responded well with a win, and the men saw what adjustments needed to be made, so I definitely see this meet as a good chance to work on the adjustments that need to be worked on.”

Meanwhile, in Texas, junior thrower Eugene Bradley placed seventh in the men’s hammer throw.