Thursday

Arts & Lectures presents “House of Flying Daggers,” Zhang Yimou’s follow-up to the acclaimed “Hero.” This tale of star-crossed lovers set against a backdrop of political intrigue and amazing martial arts is a definite must see. The screening will take place at 7:30 p.m. at Campbell Hall. Tickets are $6/general and $5/students. Also, Psychobilly forerunners Tiger Army will appear at the Ventura Theatre along with the Unseen and Lost City Angels. These guys have been delivering their own brand of punk-rock and pop infused rockabilly for years, and they’re touring in support of their newest release. The Ventura Theatre is located at 26 South Chestnut St., Ventura. The show begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 at www.ticketmaster.com.

Friday

SoCal pop/alternative veterans Unwritten Law will be performing at the UCSB Hub along with Denver Harbor. Unwritten Law is on tour in support of their newest album Here’s to the Mourning, the next progression in the band’s ongoing experimentation with the artistic possibilities of sunny pop-punk produced to arena rock proportions. Doors open at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $15/students, $17/general, $19/door and are currently available at the A.S. Ticket Window or www.tixstar.com. And yes, Gallagher, comic genius, is still alive. He’ll be performing at The Grove of Anaheim. The show begins at 8 p.m. Tickets are $38 at www.ticketmaster.com.

Saturday

Dance/pop superstar Moby will be appearing at Campbell Hall along with composer Reinhold Heil to discuss his creative process, his new book about his NYC tea shop Teany and play tracks from his newest album, Hotel. The talk will take place at Campbell Hall beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8/students, $10/general. Also, the University Art Museum is hosting an opening reception for its newest exhibition, “Isabelle Greene: Shaping Place in the Landscape.” The exhibition will survey the career of this nationally acclaimed Santa Barbara-based landscape architect. Photos, sketches, plans and models will be shown in addition to a site-specific, dry-scape installation. The reception will be from 5-7 p.m.

Sunday/Monday

On Sunday, Pulitzer Prize-winning humorist Dave Barry appear at the Arlington Theatre to deliver some afternoon laughs. Barry has written 25 best-selling books including Tricky Business, Boogers Are My Beat and Dave Barry’s Guide to Life. The event begins at 3 p.m. Tickets are $20/students, $35/general. On Monday, post-hardcore-punk-rock-pop-emo outfit Further Seems Forever will be performing at Whisky a Go Go in Los Angeles. They’re on tour in support of their new album Hide Nothing. The Whisky is located at 8901 W. Sunset Blvd., Hollywood. The show begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for general admission at www.ticketmaster.com. See www.furtherseemsforever.com for more information.

Tuesday

The Associated Students Program Board presents two events today. The first is another of its noontime free concerts in Storke Plaza. Local alternative-rock band the Hero and the Victor will be performing from noon to 1 p.m. for your lunchtime enjoyment. Stop by and check it out. Later, there will be a sneak preview of the new Indiana Jones-esque adventure flick “Sahara” starring Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz. Guess what: the screening is free! You can stop by the A.S. Ticket Office at noon the day of to get a free pass. Be the first of all your friends to see this action-packed film. The screening will be held at I.V. Theater I beginning at 8 p.m.

Wednesday

Arts & Lectures presents a performance from the Civilians titled “Gone Missing.” In this off-Broadway hit, the six performers of this Obie Award-winning company intertwine humorous stories and songs about losing things, both large and small. The performance will be held at Campbell Hall at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18/students, $30/general. Also, the Dept. of Art and the College of Creative Studies present the first art symposium of the spring. New York-based artist Marc Swanson will discuss his work at the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum. The talk is free and will begin 5:30 p.m. The forum is located at 653 Paseo Nuevo, upstairs in the Paseo Nuevo Shopping Center.