Thursday, Feb. 24:

Tonight, the MultiCultural Center’s Student Series continues with “Society: A Mixture of Cultures” with Teatro Sabroso Delicioso. The presentation will consist of a series of comical plays about individual and communal identities that are formed through and around culture. Admission is free and the presentation runs from 7 to 9 p.m. in the MultiCultural Center Theater. If you’re headed south, don’t miss out on Beck, performing at 8 p.m. at the Henry Fonda Theatre. The master of reinvention has been brushing up on his dance moves, and will be sharing music from his soon-to-be-released album Guero. Tickets are $23 at www.ticketmaster.com and all proceeds will benefit the International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance.

Friday, Feb. 25:

If you are feeling a little culturally deprived, head on over to Hatlen Theater for the opening night of “Pentecost.” The UCSB Dept. of Dramatic Arts will be presenting David Edgar’s drama about art, politics, religion and economy tonight at 8 p.m. Tickets are $13 for students and can be purchased by phone by calling (805) 893-3535. Also tonight, I.V. Theater will play host to Walter Salles’ critically acclaimed film “The Motorcycle Diaries” about the travels of a young Che Guevara. The film stars the “muy guapo” Gael Garcia Bernal and will be shown at 7:30 and 10 p.m. Tickets are $4.

Saturday, Feb. 26:

It’s craft time! Today at 1 p.m., sculptor, muralist and painter Elliott Pinkney will be holding a book transformation workshop in the MultiCultural Center Lounge. The event is free, and those interested in attending are asked to bring pictures, 3D objects and other material of personal significance, which will be used to make a novel. Later, I.V. LIVE serves up an eclectic mix of entertainment with a live DJ set, a performance by hip hop artist reMo’ Conscious and a screening of “Invisible Children.” The film, which focuses on the child soldiers of Uganda, will be followed by a panel discussion with the student creators from USC.

Sunday, Feb. 27:

Yee-haw! A Texas Hold ’em poker tournament for charity will be held at Velvet Jones tonight. If you think you know when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em, there is a $20 buy-in for all players. Rather than an actual cash prize, gamblers will be competing for a 40GB iPod or an Xbox. Velvet Jones is located at 423 State St. For more information, check out www.velvet-jones.com. If you are brave enough to make the trip, Donavan Frankenreiter will be playing in the City of Angels this weekend. Pro surfer turned rock artist, Donavan Frankenreiter will bring his crop of island melodies to the Henry Fonda Theatre. The Henry Fonda is located at 6126 Hollywood Blvd. Tickets are $13 and can be purchased through www.ticketmaster.com.

Monday, Feb. 28:

Tonight Arts & Lectures presents comedian and radio personality Garrison Keillor. In his yearly return to Santa Barbara, it is sure to be an evening filled with laughs, songs and a few other surprises. Keillor will grace the Arlington Theatre’s stage for one night only; tickets are $35 general and $20 for students. Continuing the celebration of Black History Month, the discussion “An Illustrated Talk: North African Women Filmmakers Tell Their Own Stories” will take place tonight. The discussion will focus on contemporary North African female filmmakers and the strategies they use during production. The discussion starts at 3:30 p.m. at the MultiCultural Center Theater; admission is free for everyone. For more information, please contact the Center for Black Studies at (805) 893-3914.

Tuesday, March 1 / Wednesday, March 2:

Rocks aren’t boring! The Banff Mountain Film Festival is back at UCSB. A collection of thrilling stories, beautiful scenery and old-fashioned fun, these films tell the stories of mountaineers and the mountains they love. Sure to be a season favorite in this its 29th year, the Banff Mountain Film Festival is at Campbell Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for general admission and $10 for students. Tickets will be available at the door.

Wednesday, March 2: Japanese Kabuki, eat your heart out! A documentary entitled “Venus Boyz,” which chronicles stories of female masculinity will be playing at the MultiCultural Center Theater this evening. The film is open to everyone, but space is limited; shows are at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Please contact Graciela Fernandez at fernandez-gc@sa.ucsb.edu or call (805) 893-8411 for more info.