This is a letter to all the protesters who walked out of class last week. Why are you so disappointed with a democratically elected president? After the 2000 presidential election, everyone was so pissed about how Bush didn’t win the popular vote, and now that he has won it, you still feel that you were cheated. I think California Democrats have some sort of illusion that the U.S. voting population is smaller than it really is. Granted there are masses of liberals in California, but they are outnumbered by the conservatives in an entire region of the U.S. — the South. Also, the current mess in Iraq and Afghanistan is a hot topic on campus. What would have been the liberal course of action following 9/11? The average liberal has this illusion that 9/11 was not an act of war by terrorists. We don’t live in a world of conventional warfare anymore. It is not as simple as state-versus-state warfare these days, and the U.S. had limited options on what to do after these attacks. When attacked by an entity that doesn’t ally itself with one particular state, what do you do? How do you respond? I admit the connection between al-Qaeda and Iraq is a weak one, but Iraq was a terrorist state and maybe something had to be done. It is not as black and white as you might think. Maybe I am being naive. I am just curious, and I want to hear the liberal response. What would you do if you were president?