Early Friday morning Isla Vista Foot Patrol deputies arrested four people on charges including burglary and kidnapping after catching the suspects a block away from the site of a reported armed robbery.

Lt. Sol Linver of the IVFP said officers patrolling the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde Road at about 1:20 a.m. stopped to investigate when they saw two people acting suspiciously outside an apartment complex. When the deputies approached the subjects, Linver said they attempted to hide within the complex. The deputies found them and determined that the subjects did not live in the building. A search revealed that one of the men was carrying a stun gun and ski mask and both men were in possession of two-way radios.

As the deputies were interrogating the first pair of subjects, Linver said, officers found two more people waiting in a car in front of the apartment complex. He said the officers searched the vehicle and found a handgun and a safe within.

Shortly thereafter, deputies received reports of a home invasion robbery at a residence on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive, just one block south of where the officers had found the suspicious individuals, Linver said. He said the victims reported that a safe matching the description of the one found in the car had been stolen during the robbery.

After further investigation, deputies confirmed that the four detained subjects were the ones responsible for the armed robbery on DP, Linver said.

Three of the subjects were adults, and the fourth was a 16-year-old juvenile, Linver said. He said the three adult subjects were charged with kidnapping, robbery, burglary and conspiracy and booked into Santa Barbara County Jail on $500,000 bail. The 16-year-old was booked into Santa Barbara Juvenile Hall.

The adults arrested were Donald Dzukola, a 25-year-old Santa Barbara resident and Raul Castellenos and Jessica Pena, both 19-year-old Moreno Valley residents.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. spokesman Chris Pappas said the case is currently under investigation, and he said no new information about the incident was available as of Sunday night.