The parents are coming. Look busy.

Students will get the chance to show off their studious nature and beautiful campus this weekend as UCSB hosts its annual Parents’ and Family Weekend, beginning today. Check-in begins at 9 a.m. and continues until 11 a.m. Saturday at the UCSB Bookstore entrance.

Continuing through Sunday, the weekend aims to provide the families of UCSB students with “… a firsthand look at what life is like at UCSB,” according to the event’s Web site.

Family members can take various tours of the campus, attend career and counseling information sessions, watch a Drama & Dance Dept. production of “Life’s a Dream” or attend sporting events like men’s soccer on Saturday and women’s basketball on Sunday.

Also on Sunday, Chancellor Henry Yang will host a breakfast for students and their families.

The event will run in conjunction with the Black Family Weekend, which provides the families of African-American students an opportunity to learn about the black community at UCSB.

Included during the weekend is a tour of Isla Vista’s “hidden treasures,” a tour of the Marine Science Institute touch tanks and a tour of the University Art Museum. UCSB Director of Design and Construction Jack Wolever and Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Design and Facilities Marc Fisher will also host a tour of the campus architecture.

Family members are also encouraged to go to class with their students, and academic advisers will be available in Corwin Pavilion for an information fair detailing degree and major requirements.