Check your opinions at the door. If you are tired of the war on terrorism, WMDs and all the rest of it, prepare yourself for a smorgasbord of hysterical politically incorrect jokes. In the most unapologetic manner, “Team America: World Police” succeeds perfectly in turning the paranoid life of a post-9/11 world into two hours of genuine hearty laughs. In an unbelievable display of their aptitude, “Team America: World Police” was written, directed, produced and scored by – and starred the voices of – Trey Parker and Matt Stone of “South Park” fame. Their style of sophisticated immaturity has produced a comedy that has the censors running for the hills. With help from master puppeteers the Chiodo Brothers, marionettes are perfectly suited to be the medium for the raunchy inappropriateness “Team America: World Police” thrives on.

They say that truly great comedians must have the ability to laugh at themselves. In moments of comedic self-reflection, the film goes to no lengths to hide the strings of its marionette characters. This is a comedy and should not be taken seriously. Choosing to not hide the strings is a deliberate reminder of that fact.

“Team America: World Police” is not a case of style over substance; comedy is delivered through a plot line that is sincere, no matter how ridiculous. An elite squad of all-Americans must use all their abilities to stop a ring of worldwide terrorists from following through with plans for a terrorist attack 2,356 times worse than 9/11. A subplot that runs through the film is the love interest between rookie agent Gary Johnston (Parker) and teammate Lisa (Kristen Miller). This is the catalyst for some of the film’s more infamous sequences. Included in this cheap-shot shooting gallery are parodies of top Hollywood anti-war activists. These caricatures of the stars are guaranteed to make your cheek muscles hurt, no matter how many toes are stepped on. “Team America” has a musical element to it as well. The numbers, which include Kim Jong Il’s heartfelt “I’m Ronrey” and “America … Fuck Yeah!” are the kinds of songs people will be singing in bars for years to come. All the nasty clich