With less than two minutes remaining in double overtime Sunday, the UCSB women’s soccer team squeaked in a goal to upset unbeaten Riverside 2-1.

Sophomore forward Allie Kueny notched the winning goal with only 1:34 left in the game to avoid what would have been the Gauchos’ second tie of the season. The shot was partially blocked by Highlander goalkeeper Tawny Poggio, yet the ball somehow managed to find the back of the net.

“It’s a great win for us. There were only three teams left in the country going into Sunday without losses. It’s great that we hung them their first loss,” Head Coach Paul Stumpf said.

Riverside, who shut out UCSB last year, came into Sunday’s game having allowed only four goals and sporting five shutouts on the season.

The game was scoreless throughout the first period until Riverside’s Renee Scachetti fired a shot past the reach of freshman goalkeeper Catherine Burson, who received the starting nod in place of injured junior goalkeeper Jamie Considine.

“It was a great experience for [Burson]. She played solidly,” Stumpf said.

On Friday afternoon, the Gauchos (9-4-1 overall, 4-0-0 in the Big West) took on the Titans in a tough conference game at Fullerton. UCSB won the matchup 1-0, thanks to a perfectly placed kick by senior forward Jennifer Borcich. The goal was Borcich’s ninth of the season and the 50th of her career. In 2003, Borcich held the league record for goals, totaling 13 for the season, including three two-goal games.

“It was her special goal, not just because it was her 50th,” Stumpf said. “We strung together passes, and she hit a cannon into the top corner, over a six-feet tall goalkeeper.”

Senior Randi Johns made the assist for the game-winning goal late in the second half.

Fullerton made 17 attempts for a goal, but was shut out for the sixth time this season. UCSB freshman goalkeeper Catherine Burson made a total of seven saves on Friday.

UCSB (9-4-1 overall, 4-0-0 Big West) held the Titans to a goose egg despite being out-shot 17-8.

The Gauchos shoot it out next against Big West defending champions Cal Poly on Friday night in San Luis Obispo.