6
Come support the Asian Pacific Islander Culture Week as well as some talented and diverse hip-hop artists tonight in the Hub. The Visionaries and other supporting artists will be rocking the mic starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $8 pre-sale and $10 at the door. Who says a free show doesn’t exist… or was it a free lunch? Well, Artsweek can’t guarantee the lunch, but the show is covered. Rock ‘n’ rollers Hacha will be taking up the Jawz stage in Ventura for a nice long set starting at 9 p.m. Jawz is located at 1664 East Thompson Blvd. Call 641-1500 for info.

7
Looking for the best student films UCSB has to offer? Then make it a point to catch Student Film Night presented by the UCSB Film Studies Dept. with this year’s crop of mind-bogglingly awesome student shorts. Showings are at 7:30 and 10:00 p.m., but make sure you get there early because there is sure to be a crowd. Tickets are $4 at the door. Now SB may not be known for its cornucopia of hometown bands, but one of the best will be returning home tonight. Power pop baladeers Sugarcult will be rocking the Coach House at 8 p.m. sharp, so pick up some tickets, which are $15 at .

8
A good acoustic show is hard to find, especially in a garage band town like ours. In fact, you may have to wait around for the annual I.V. Unplugged night presented by Alpha Epsilon Pi in connection with UCSB Hillel. Luckily, the 3rd annual concert is tonight at 7:30 p.m. and features Matt Baldoni, who has played with John Mayer among others, and UCSB’s own Zack Domb. UCSB Hillel is located at 781 Embarcadero Del Mar and a $5 donation is suggested. Sick of entertainment with redeeming moral value? Then come see “Spike & Mike’s Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation” tonight at I.V. Theater. Screenings are at 8:30 and 11:00 p.m., and tickets are $8 at the door. Admission includes awesome 3-D glasses for use with the short film “Dr. Tran.”

9/10
Global, environmental and cultural activist Vandana Shiva will be making a stop at Campbell Hall on Sunday afternoon promoting and lecturing on her new book “Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply.” This free lecture serves to give a global perspective on a detrimental problem. Her lecture begins at 3 p.m. Stop by the Arts & Lectures ticket office for more information. Known around the L.A. area as a live version of the cult classic Spinal Tap complete with crazy sing-a-longs, tight pants and metal hair, Metal Skool made their way up to SB not long ago; but in case you missed them, they have a permanent home at the Roxy in Hollywood every Monday night. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at .

11
As one of the highest selling and most revered hip-hop artists of all time, Tupac Shakur’s untimely death left him mourned by the masses. The film “Tupac: Resurrection” carefully uncovers the life and death of Tupac through his own words and music. Showings are tonight at 7:30 and 10:00 at I.V. Theatre; tickets are $3 for students. For those of you out there that can appreciate good graffiti art, join sociology grad student Zahira Navarette for a lecture entitled “Authority Needs Demonstration Space,” where she will discuss how race, class and gender play into the production and removal of graffiti. This free lecture will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the MCC Lounge.

12
For those unlucky students who had tickets to the Distillers show a couple of weeks back that was unfortunately cancelled, those crazy punk rockers will be swinging by once more to give you the show they promised. Tickets are $15 and tickets for the April show must be exchanged at A.S. ticket office by 5 p.m. the day of the concert. The show will go on at 8:30 p.m. in the Hub. Also tonight, celebrate your fellow filmmakers and check out UCSB alumni Matt Powers’ documentary, “Never Been Done,” about the first professional skateboarder with a prosthetic leg. There will be a skateboard gear raffle for all ticket holders following the screening, which starts at 8. For more info, visit .