Students will get a sneak preview of the second installment of Quentin Tarantino’s blood-soaked epic “Kill Bill” tonight at a Film Studies Dept. fundraiser.

The department, in conjunction with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, will host a back-to-back screening of “Kill Bill” Vols. 1 and 2 in Campbell Hall at 7 p.m. Money raised through ticket sales will go toward the Film Studies Dept., department chair Janet Walker said. Although the sneak preview has already sold out, additional tickets will be available at the door tonight for $10.

Santa Barbara International Film Festival director Roger Durling said he received the movies from Miramax Films because of the relationship he has with the company as a film distributor. He approached the Film Studies Dept. and offered it the movies. The showing is the first time both movies are being shown together in the United States.

“We really liked the first ‘Kill Bill’ and now we would like to show the second one,” Durling said.

Walker said the fundraiser was Durling’s idea, but the department is not short on funding.

“The raised money will go to the Film Studies Dept., but the department is not out of money,” she said.

Walker also said she was excited about the upcoming event.

“We were delighted when [Durling] approached us,” she said. “This is an exciting new release. Quentin Tarantino has been very important for us. And I do not think he is trying to induce violence.”

“Kill Bill: Vol. 2” is scheduled for general release on April 16.