A hearing will be held to gather public input on the proposed Isla Vista Parking Plan on Wednesday, March 10.

The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the University Religious Center at 777 Camino Pescadero. The proposed plan includes a metered parking zone in the downtown commercial area and designated coastal access parking. All other areas would be residential permit parking zones. The only physical development would be parking meters in the downtown area and approximately 900 street signs throughout I.V.

The Santa Barbara County Public Works Dept. has prepared a draft negative declaration and does not expect that an environmental impact report will be necessary. Public works planner Jamie Goldstein said the department has been working with several community groups to reduce the environmental impact of the project.

“We’ve done a very extensive outreach process,” Goldstein said. “There have already been modifications to coincide with what different groups have expressed.”

The Public Works Dept. expects “significant but mitigable effects on the environment” in the areas of aesthetics, air quality, cultural resources, recreation and water resources.

The comments we receive will be integrated into the project as best we can,” Goldstein said. “Hopefully we’re able to accommodate everyone.”