Candidates for 3rd District supervisor are coming to Isla Vista tonight to tackle student issues on student territory.

The debate will begin at 7 p.m. in Embarcadero Hall and is hosted by the Associated Students Commission on Public Safety (ASCPS). Giovanni’s will provide free pizza and drinks to the first 250 people to attend. A.S. Internal Vice President Denise Aceves will moderate the debate.

John Buttny, Brooks Firestone, Slick Gardner and Steve Pappas will answer five questions from the debate sponsors and will each be able to ask one question to one other candidate. Audience members will be able to ask questions toward the end of the debate.

ASCPS chair Scott Talkov said the majority of the questions will focus on I.V. and UCSB.

“We feel that students should make as informed a decision as possible and know what the issues are,” Talkov said. “We also want to give the candidates the opportunity to reach out to students.”

The debate is sponsored by A.S. Finance Board, A.S. Student Lobby, UCSB College Republicans, UCSB Campus Democrats, I.V. Community Relations Committee, A.S. Legal Resource Center, A.S. Program Board, the UCSB Academic Senate, the Citizens Planning Foundation and the I.V. Tenants Union.