UCSB Hillel will be kickin’ it old school tonight as local senior citizens get down with UCSB students at the third annual Halloween Costume Ball.

The dance is free and will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hillel Center at 781 Embarcadero Del Mar. Festivities include music, food and pumpkin painting for students and seniors.

“We get senior citizens from all over the Santa Barbara area,” said Ashley Rothenberg, a junior Spanish and sociology major and chair of the committee organizing the event. “We have a costume contest, we dance and take pictures.”

Rothenberg said the dance is a great opportunity for students to spend time with seniors in the community. The event sparked one community member’s interest Tuesday after the event was mentioned on KRUZ 103.3.

“We were on the radio … and someone actually called and donated a walker,” Rothenberg said.

Haley Leskowitz, a senior sociology major who helped plan the event, said that the dance is open to all Isla Vista and UCSB residents, not just regular Hillel participants.

“This is the third year we’ve had the dance,” said Leskowitz. “We’ve done more publicity this year [and] expect a good turnout.”

Rothenberg said that Alpha Epsilon Phi, a UCSB sorority that is very active at Hillel, is helping provide rides for the seniors to the event.