Looking for a cute, cuddly companion? Head down to the animal shelter this weekend to pick up a fluffy bundle of love.

Santa Barbara County Animal Services is extending its weekend hours for the Pet Adoptathon, an event hosted by international animal organizations to find a home for shelter animals. The event is scheduled to take place this Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 3:00 p.m. at 5473 Overpass Rd. in Santa Barbara.

The event is being held in support of the North Shore Animal League, who started the Adoptathon in 1995. This is the first year Santa Barbara has participated in the Adoptathon.

“Shelters all over the world take part in this event each year,” Sara Wall, Animal Services community outreach coordinator, said. “This year we’re going to help out and hopefully find homes for all of our animals.”

The shelter will provide refreshments, tours and information for potential adopters. Shana Boyd of Animal Services said the price of adoption is $81.25, which includes spaying or neutering, vaccinations, the first-year license and microchip registration.

Animal Services is hosting the Adoptathon in conjunction with several shelter volunteer groups. The Animal Shelter Assistance Program (ASAP) is in charge of cat care at the shelter and recently raised money for a new cat building. Bunnies Urgently Needing Shelter (BUNS) takes care of all the rabbits that come into the shelter, and the K-9 Placement and Assistance League (K-9 PALS) works with the shelter’s dogs, focusing on behavior training and enrichment.