Those who signed up for Associated Students’ Community Affairs Board’s “Walk for Good Times” may have done so in the spirit of benevolence, but the weather on Sunday was not so charitable.

The 5K benefit walk, originally scheduled to kick off at 11 a.m., was postponed due to heavy rain. After a downpour at 10 a.m., the time allotted for on-site registration, organizers notified participants that the event could not continue as planned. The Walk for Good Times was intended to raise funds to send children with cancer to Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.

“I have been calling everyone who signed up to tell them that it’s postponed,” said C.A.B. member and event coordinator Emily Dubin. “Next time, we will find another way to do it if it rains.”

The 35-minute walk, postponed until April 27, will take participants from the rear lawn of the UCen, around the Campus Lagoon and back to the starting point. Participants will receive snacks, drinks, a T-shirt and a raffle ticket for the drawing that will be held after the walk.

A handful of participants gathered underneath the UCen balcony to keep dry as they waited for the rest of their group.

“It’s too bad it had to rain,” undeclared freshman Korianne Tom said.

The event, which was proposed to C.A.B. by Dubin, took several months to plan. Over 200 students, staff, faculty and community members signed up for the event.

“Everyone is welcome to take part,” Dubin said. “Next time we’re going to do it, rain or shine.”

Organizers are continuing to accept pre-registrations for the postponed event. Contact C.A.B. for further details.