The UCSB men’s golf team took an 11th-place finish at the Western Collegiate Tournament at Pasatiempo Golf Course in Santa Cruz over the weekend.

Santa Barbara as a team shot 888 in the 18-team tournament, as five Gauchos finished in the top 63 of the tournament.

Junior Brian Six led UCSB, shooting a 221 over the weekend to finish 26th in the tournament. Six started out strong on the first day, shooting a 67, but shot only an 82 the next day, and finished up with a 72 on Sunday. Junior Jean-luc Burnier finished 35th, shooting a 223 including a 71 in the second round.

Sophomores Nick Telliard and Greg Wells along with senior Jeff Linklater helped pace UCSB. Telliard finished with a 228 and a 57th place finish, and Wells and Linklater each shot a 230 to tie for 63rd. Linklater used a final round 70, the second-best round of any Gaucho for the tournament.

UCLA won the tournament by seven shots over Irvine, shooting 855 for the tournament. The University of Texas at El Paso finished third and Oregon and Pacific rounded out the top 5. UCSB finished one shot ahead of Stanford, as six schools finished between 885 and 889 shots.

The Gauchos’ 11th-place finish follows a 12th-place finish at the Bite/Pacific Coast Intercollegiate at Sandpiper Golf Course in Santa Barbara. Fresno State took the tournament on Santa Barbara’s home turf, shooting an 841 as a team. Irvine again came up short, finishing two shots off the pace.

Telliard led UCSB, shooting a 214 for the tournament and tied for 18thwith four other golfers. The sophomore shot a 67 in the first round, best on the team for the tournament. Wells also performed well, finishing tied for 24th behind a 216. Linklater finished 62nd with a 221 and Six finished with a 223, in 76th place.

UCSB plays again April 14 and 15 at the Fidelity National Title Collegiate in Arroyo Grande at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course. It will be the final tuneup for Santa Barbara before the Big West Championship at Serrano Golf Course in Sacramento on April 21 and 22.