Thirteen films by UCSB students and alumni will be featured at the Santa Barbara Film Society’s second annual Student Film Night tomorrow night in Isla Vista.

The show will start at 7:30 p.m. in the I.V. Theater with a question and answer session. Filmmakers will be given time to address the crowd after the screening of their films. Different genres of film, including documentary, comedy and mystery will be represented. The films are between two and 30 minutes long.

“This event is unique due to the fact that it fills a void recently created within the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, which no longer offers a student film night, as it did in previous years,” Santa Barbara Film Society President Christy Julin said.

All students living in the Santa Barbara community, including high school and city-college students, were eligible to submit films for screening, but only UCSB students and alumni will be featured at this year’s event.

Admission to the event is free for Santa Barbara Film Society members, student tickets are $5.00 and general admission is $7.00. All profits raised from Friday night’s event will be donated to students currently enrolled in Film Studies 106, the 16mm crew production course at UCSB, and will be used to fund their current film projects.

The Santa Barbara Film Society has only existed for two years and is a student-run organization that focuses on hosting a wide range of film events throughout the school year. It is open to all students interested in filmmaking.

– Samaia Hernandez