The #10 UCSB women’s water polo team dropped both of its matches over the weekend after a stellar 7-6 victory over then-#11 Michigan at Campus Pool last Wednesday.

On Friday afternoon, the Gauchos lost a Mountain Pacific Sports Federation contest to San JosŽ State at the Spartans’ Aquatics Center. Santa Barbara treaded water early in the match, falling behind 4-2 at the end of the second period. SJSU scored four goals in the final frame compared to the Gauchos’ two, and handed UCSB a 10-6 loss.

Senior two-meter defense Teresa Gorbett netted three goals in the loss while freshman utility Alaina Whitaker, sophomore utility Katy Kunkel and sophomore utility Erika Clark added a goal apiece. The Gauchos dropped to 0-2 in the MPSF.

On Saturday, Santa Barbara couldn’t jilt #1 Stanford in the Cardinal’s Avery Aquatic Center. Stanford (7-0, 2-0) drowned UCSB 8-2 behind four third-quarter goals.

The Gauchos netted the only goal in the first quarter but fell behind quickly in the second frame. Cardinal sophomore Kelty Luber nailed in a goal early on in the second. A minute later, sophomore Hannah Luber recorded a goal to put Stanford in the driver’s seat.

Freshman utility Jennifer D’Anna and Kunkel scored the only goals for Santa Barbara. Junior goalie Erin Enriquez recorded eight saves for UCSB.

The Gauchos currently stand at 6-6 overall with a disappointing 0-3 mark in the MPSF.

Santa Barbara may get another shot at Stanford this weekend, as the Cardinal will participate in the UCSB Gaucho Invitational, a tournament hosted by the Gauchos at Campus Pool and at the RecCen pool all day Saturday and Sunday.