In a week marked by two wins and the clinching of its eighth straight Big West championship, the #19 UCSB women’s basketball team couldn’t wait two more games to start receiving their accolades.

Junior center Lindsay Taylor received the honor of Women’s Basketball Player of the Week on Monday by conference officials for her spectacular play in wins over Long Beach State and Irvine over the weekend.

The award is Taylor’s sixth during her illustrious career here at Santa Barbara. Only three other players in the history of the Big West have earned the award as many times as Taylor.

The 6’8″ junior netted a game-high 23 points, her second-best total of the season, blocked two shots and grabbed nine boards in the conference-clinching 85-70 win against the 49ers last Wednesday. The Gauchos trailed early in the game but Taylor led the comeback, scoring 19 of her 23 points in the second half.

The native of Chandler, Ariz. led all scorers again in Saturday’s come-from-behind win against Irvine at the Bren Events Center. In addition to her 20 points, Taylor snagged nine boards en route to a devastating 78-56 win.

Taylor shot a combined 61.9 percent from the floor in the two games.

Taylor is a two-time Second Team All Big West selection and is making a case for herself for the 2003 Big West Player of the Year. Taylor has garnered double-digits in scoring in her last 10 contests and has 21 overall this season. In addition to leading the Gauchos in scoring and ranking second to sophomore forward Brandy Richardson in total rebounds, Taylor stands in the Big West’s top five in points, rebounds, blocked shots and field goal percentage.

Taylor, a fourth-year junior after redshirting her first year with the Gauchos, will wish farewell to fellow recruiting class teammates, senior guards Debby Caine and Jess Hansen this weekend. The Gauchos face Fullerton on Thursday night at 7 in the Thunderdome and finish out the season at home on Saturday night at 7 against Riverside.