Thursday
It’s music, music, music this Thursday night. First off, the Hard to Find Showspace hosts indie rockers Minus the Bear, Biblioteca and Rosewood Falls for a surefire rumptastic night. The Hard to Find is located at 7190 Hollister Ave., across from Baja Fresh. Entrance is $5 or $4 with canned food. So you’re too good for Goleta? Well, this band has finally moved up in the world from Del Playa Drive to downtown so check out Miles playing at Velvet Jones tonight at 10. They pride themselves in their ability to mix rock, funk, folk and trance. There’s a $5 cover charge for this 21+ event. For info call 965-8676.

Friday
Film, fun and subtitles are awaiting you at the annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival, kicking off tonight at 5:30. The gala continues until March 9, screening over 150 foreign and American films downtown and at Campbell Hall. The Arlington Theatre is host to tonight’s festivity with a screening of the film “Confidence,” starring Dustin Hoffman and Ed Burns. Tickets at $25 for the gala. Go to www.sbfilmfestival.org for info. It’s finally here, kiddies. That’s right, local indie/punk revivalists, the Threads will be celebrating their CD release tonight with a performance at the ever charming Biko House, at 6612 Sueno Rd. Other acts include the Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower, Please Mr. Gravedigger and Pink Handgrenade. Support local talent, check out the cute boys with black hair and get there by 8.

Saturday
They’re cute, not-so-cuddly cartoons with an outspoken satirical voice on social and political issues. Be enlightened by Aaron McGruder while he discusses the motivation behind his conscious comic series “Boondocks,” at 4:30 p.m. in I.V. Theater. For info call 893-8411. Not all songs about truck drivers, bums and broke-down Cadillacs originate in Texas. Dubbed as “psychobilly” for their volatile yet fun mix of bluegrass, country and rockabilly music, the Trophy Husbands will entertain the Mercury Lounge, located at 5871 Hollister Ave. in Goleta, tonight. Call 967-0907 for info on this 21+ event.

Sunday
Watermelon never tasted so good until it started getting smashed by the “Sledge-O-Matic.” That’s right, Gallagher is bringing his off-the-wall antics to the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obsipo. He’ll be getting dirty tonight at 7 so join in the fun for $25. For info call 756-7222. Success-burdened roommates, sexually misguided lovers and schizophrenic mother-in-laws are all on the menu for Oh’ Really! Productions’ premiere of “Home Strange Home.” This show of mass dysfunction will be performed at Center Stage Theater, located downtown in the Paseo Nuevo Mall, starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $8 with student I.D. Call 453-7281 for info.

Monday 3/3 -Tuesday 3/4
For most UCSB students, “Flying A” is a random conference room in the UCen. Weeelll it was actually a film studio from the silent era, located in downtown Santa Barbara. Film studies lecturer Dana Driskel presents his documentary about the studio, “An American Film Company,” accompanied by renowned pianist Michael Mortilla. Two rare silents from the studio will also be screened. Tickets are $5 and show starts tonight at 7:30. Nowadays, the word “strange” can be applied to just about every social strata and cultural group. Photographer Bob DeBris has documented the odd world of suburban America and holds his 20 year “Wreckrospective” at the SB Contemporary Arts Forum through mid April. For info call 966-5373.

Wednesday
If you need something refreshing to wash your beer down with, head down to the Mercury Lounge in Goleta, where they are hosting the California Guitar Trio tonight at 8. They fall into the progressive rock genre but incorporate acoustic instrumentation to add a lil’ twist. For info call 967-0907. Or, get your dose of culture and attend tonight’s screening of “When the Mountains Tremble.” This documentary describes the struggle against state and foreign oppression of the Mayan peasantry in Guatemala. The free showing starts at 6 and will be held in the MultiCultural Center Theater. For info call 893-8411.